Pontoon and Balcony Rules
The following rules have been introduced to ensure the longevity of our new facilities
The Club pontoons and Balcony are provided for the benefit of all Members and Visitors to the Club. They are to be used for loading, unloading and for short term stays. Members should always be considerate of others who may also wish to use the facilities. The General Committee may refuse permission to use the facilities if the rules are not adhered too.
Visiting boats and Cruiser rallies are welcome if prior consent has been given by DQSC see Visiting our Club.
Visitors will be advised of any specific requirements that may apply when they are using the facilities.
- All users of the pontoons are to have booked (see Visiting our Club or for Members the Cruiser Menu) prior to visit/use - except members loading/unloading or between races.
- All users are to moor in a manner that allows maximum use by other club members/visitors.
- Boats should not be moored alongside in winds that are forecast to exceed Force 4.
- No boats in excess of 30 feet overall length shall moor alongside.
- Pontoons are for short-term stays, defined as a maximum of 2 high tides. Owners of boats on the pontoon should stay within the vicinity of the club.
- Vessels are to be properly secured with adequate fender protection.
- Rafting of vessels depends on type and weather conditions (actual and forecast), and should be agreed with DQSC prior to arrival.
- The timber supporting piles for the Balcony and Pontoons are not to be used to lean vessels against or to be tied to.
- No barbecues shall be used unless the decking is well protected by suitable material.
- Screw and/or nail fixings shall not be used.
- When moving furniture and other heavy objects they should be lifted and not dragged across the decking as this will damage the non slip surface.
- Climbing on the balustrade rigging wires is prohibited.
- Cycles, pushchairs etc. shall not to be leant against or padlocked to the balustrade.
- Permission shall be sought from the House Committee before erecting Marquees, gazebos and other temporary structures. (These should be held down only by tying to the piles and joists.)
Last updated 15:14 on 19 October 2023