Dell Quay Sailing Club (DQSC) Dinghy Berthing Policy
- The club provides berthing facilities for dinghies and other craft belonging to club members only.
- The following craft are permitted:
- Sailing dinghies up to 5 metres in length.
- Inflatable and hard tenders.
- Canoes, kayaks and windsurfers.
- Only one craft is permitted per berth, with the following exceptions in the dinghy park only and where agreed with the Berthing Committee :
- Sailing dinghies and tenders up to 3 metres in length may share with smaller craft.
- Canoes, kayaks and windsurfers may share with owners sailing dinghy.
- Berths are not transferable in the case of change of ownership of a boat, nor is sub-letting permitted.
- All sailing dinghies should be stored on launching trolleys and/or road trailers. Road trailers must not be stored in berths adjacent to dinghies. If space permits, road trailers may be kept in separate berths where agreed by the Berthing Committee.
- All craft should display a current berthing sticker and should be kept in their allocated berths.
- It it the responsibility of the berth holder to maintain the condition of their berth.
- All craft are berthed at the sole risk of the owner. Dell Quay Sailing Club will not be responsible for for any loss or damage from any cause.
- Non payment of berthing fees will result in action being taken in accordance with the club policy on abandoned boats.
- Members may park a car in their berth provided this does not obstruct other berth holders.
- Non compliance with this policy may result in either the craft being moved by the Berthing Committee, or the owner being requested to remove their craft from the premises.
- Any grievance should be made via the procedures detailed in the club rules.
Last updated 19:43 on 27 November 2023